Thursday, January 4, 2018

If you think 2016 was bad, wait for 2018, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Got a look at the new holster rule, and if you thought 2016 was bad for gunfighters misbehaven, wait for 2018.  It is going be a springs fiasco all year long. (No fault of the host.)  Maybe we can some how divert the powers that be travel plans and the locals will get along just fine.

Any way, one of the funniest story I heard from the old timer yesterday was how when they used to shoot with the hand  6 inches from the gun the rule was enforced with a yardstick to measure the shooter hands during the draw.  One particularly wired competitor came completely unglued with a stick being poked at him during his draw.

Now it appears the Comish has got a new bud, it will be interesting to see how he nips it comes spring. All I got to say is that the Range Masters in the Valley of the Sun don't tolerate nonsense much. Warm the penalty box up. I am impressed with the wisdom of my board, we don't have any title events here in 2018, so we can travel and be amused elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I do not normally comment on your blogs but I do like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He asked for my opinion during a group email he sent to the Marshalls. He got it, and I don't think he liked it much. Be that as it may. It's not a new rule, just a clarification of enforcement procedure. We'll see how it works out. The first titled event is Texas State, and I'll be watching closely because I host Louisiana State three weeks later.

    ReplyDelete