Friday, August 24, 2018

Story of a pig.

It all began with an argument over a pig. Whether domesticated or feral, that was the bone, had the notch a human origin or nature's fate, I do not know. Like all viable feuds, each side had the law in their corner fueling the righteous indignation.  In the pig fight it was state and county versus county and state, although all had been confederates, and some think the real fight was over do you stay or do you go?  Once it had degenerated, it became if I remember the quote, "he is a jack ass, but he is our jack ass."

The great deceiver always places the law on both sides.  In Cochise county, it was the federal and municipal (republicans) versus the county (democrats), two posses seeking to serve warrants of death on the other.  In Johnson county, state versus local, with the feds rescuing the hired guns.  Lincoln county the regulators were serving warrants with bounty hunters getting in the middle. "Let's dance!"  As Billy and Tom Horn found out, it matters little what is right, what the law is, what the facts are, it only matters who is holding the end of the rope.

I know who is holding the end of the rope so I will hide. Maybe it is time for a new alias, or a new land. We will see!

What I know for sure is ...........!

(I leave the rest of the story for the commentators to fill in. I know better than to say it, but it jingles so well. I know I will share it, but only to my closest allies or directly to my foe.  The crux will be, whom thee be!)

"He's all lathered up, chomping at the bit, give him some rein, cause there ain't no quit, be gone, hold on, Comes BoogieMan,"

No comments:

Post a Comment