Saturday, December 22, 2018

Memories- 2018

Recently a couple of my good friends got into a "discussion" on the comments to one of my posts.  It is humorous how a thread can morph, you never know if you are going get a moth or a butterfly. Anyway it got me thinking about 2018 season.

The most memorable match of 2018 for me was a match at the last Texas circuit shoot against Lucky 45. We were evenly matched in quickness and temperament. After 4 shots the match was tied each having won two on quickness. The match was decided on the fifth shot.  It did not matter who won, it was great fun.

The second most memorable was a series of three consecutive matches at the Springs against Okie Ed. Again we were evenly matched, with the matches all being decided in less that five shots.  Unfortunately, we eliminated each other from the main match but again it was great fun.

The third most memorable was four matches against Oregon Ranger in the Marshall Cup. It is memorable for me because I was shooting at a 1.41 (.61+.80) clip which normally will win an event easily but Ranger was at 1.60 plus.  Again great fun.  Memorable for me because I hit my fastest competitive time of the year while hitting better than 80%.

I like "sayings," generally acquiring a new one about one a year. My new saying for 2018 is "80% is just average."  And that is, if you are following my others. "Never ever slow down!" "Your quickest shot is your most accurate."  "We don't practice missing!"

Just think what our sport would be like is everyone shot 80% or better. All matches would be decided by quickness, and you would rise in the standings to the level of your quickness and mental toughness.  It would eliminate the lottery matches where the outcome is just a matter of chance.

"80% is just average!"  Alleluia Ruah.

2 comments:

  1. 80% is the average!
    Mine is like, .08%.��
    Keep shooting, I guess.

    ReplyDelete