Saturday, July 29, 2017

Update on Alleluia Regiment

I post as an update on my last post. Colorado State is in the books. I shot below average the first day but that was good enough to be clean after day one.  The majority of my opponents were master gunfighters competitors.  I shot much better the second day which is to be expected using the Alleluia system. Of 22 matches, I had only one poor match which I think was more due to fatigue than anything else. By my definition, I was a 5 flat shooter. (.45 to .55 hitting 80%) I was seeded 5th and finished 5th. But for that one poor match (I was just whipped), I would have been seeded 2nd.

There are others competing using the system that shot well. If they would care to comment they may. The training blog is ShadyMtnTips.blogspot.com.  If you are just starting shooting read from the first post in May of 2016.

Don't be mislead, the training is based on speed training only, not accuracy.

Today starts the Four Corner Territorial.  I probably will fall flat on my face, but that is what happens in this sport. Will post another update whatever happens. 

Further Update: After the first day of the Four Corners Territorial, five of the top eight shooters have a connection with Shady Mtn, with two other Shady Mtn and Camp shooters in the 35 remaining shooters.  The wheels may fall off today, that is the way this sport is, but it is a pretty good bet that more than 40% (as in Colorado State) of the magnificent shooters will be from Shady Mtn.

Shooting the Alleluia system, I again improved.  Yesterday was the fourth day in a row that my shooting improved, but that is what I expect from the system.  It is progressive.  You  should improve the more you shoot. That is the way we practice and that is the way we should shoot in competition.  Over 7 matches, I shot better than 80% at mid 4 speed. I improved throughout the day finishing with 4 wins in 13 shots.

Today will be a tough day because we (Shady Mtn) will start to draw each other. We know each other so well that if all seven would rate the field of Shady shooters, we would probably rate the field in the exact same order.  Today is a mental toughness day.  How we place between ourselves will be determined on mental toughness, not speed, not accuracy, not luck of the draw, but on who is the toughest gunfighter. Each of us must put our history behind us and just say "I ain't missing, bring me the next shooter!"

"Beware the Alleluia shooter, we don't practice missing! "  "Beware of Shady Mtn and the Camp!"

No comments:

Post a Comment