Sunday, April 1, 2018

"It was not personal." "To me it was!"

Apparently, I again offended the "self-proclaimed" with one of my comments. I don't know why this keeps happening, I try to be careful. Guess it is just illustrative of  the Hamilton/Burr road to perdition. "Bet you think this song is about you." It is not.

I was just trying to drum up attendance for a Wednesday Shady practice.  This Wednesday we are doing a test run of the format for the Loess Hills Jackpot Shoot which is going to be held in August to benefit the new club(s) in the loess hills of Nebraska/Iowa/South Dakota.  This Wednesday we will be shooting at the Camp and need about 18 shooters for a good test. Specifically, what we are trying to find out is:

Time;  How long does it take to shoot a round. We will mark the start time and the finish time for each round on the scoresheets. Not only will that give us the time for the round but will give us the down time between rounds.  I hope that each shooter will get about 40 rounds in the main match and an average of 10 rounds in the shoot-off.

Scoresheets:  I have prepared scoresheets for this test.  Are they simple and easy to follow?  I could do all the scoring myself but that would not be a valid test of the scoresheets. Can the average shooter/new shooter follow the format and be a scorekeeper. 

Early Departures:  We always have a few folks that have to leave early. In a normal match you give them a 99 which takes them out of the draw for the next round. We are not going to do that because we are going to draw all of the rounds at the start of the main match.   This will reduce the downtime between rounds and the stress on the data entry person.  We will use the procedure Cal used at 2017 World in the Bracket Shoot.  Early departures remain in the draw, and if they no show the match is forfeited pursuant to CFDA rules.  Luck of the Draw.

Data Entry;  In a normal match there is great stress on the data entry person because scores must be entered before the next round can be drawn.  In this format all the rounds are drawn at the start of the event so the scores can be entered as the data entry person is available.  It should be less stressful. It should also lessen down time between rounds. There are two methods of entry in the CFDA program, hopefully we will be able to try them both to test which is the best method. 

Sort:  How good was the sort? See prior post on the best five shot option.

Scoresheets:  I have a good scoresheet for a standard round. I need to make some provision for a bye round and a tied time round. I will work on that some more and hopefully have it resolved by Wednesday.

Facility:  As I have said in the past the Camp is the best facility in the nation to practice cowboy fast draw. I thank Rodeo Romeo for making it available to us to do this test run.  It will be fun.

 "Man, it is just practice""Just practice, man!"

No comments:

Post a Comment